What is Breakfast on the Farm?
Stearns County Breakfast on the Farm is a hands-on, agriculture awareness event designed to help people of all ages learn more about the farms that produce our food.
When is Breakfast on the Farm?
The Breakfast is held annually on the first Saturday in June. This year the Breakfast is on Saturday, June 3, 2017. The event will be held rain or shine.
Breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. and activities end at 12:30 p.m. We encourage families to arrive early enough to enjoy breakfast and allow time for a guided tour of the farm, which takes about 45 minutes.
How do we get to Breakfast on the Farm?
Getting to the Breakfast is easy. Kuechle Dairy, this year’s host farm, is located near Watkins, MN.
There will be parking available at:
Eden Valley Elementary School, 901 Stearns Ave. E, Eden Valley, MN 55329
Go to Eden Valley and follow the signs to the school for parking. Intersections and parking will be marked with signs.
A FREE Charter Bus will take attendees to and from the farm. The buses will be running back and forth during the entire event. There is NO PARKING on the farm.
Due to highway safety concerns, it is important that Breakfast on the Farm visitors park at the pick-up site and take the free coach shuttle to Kuechle Dairy and back. There is plenty of room on the coach busses for strollers and other belongings. Minnesota law allows infants and children to ride in coach busses without a carseat.
How much does the Breakfast cost?
Admission to Breakfast on the Farm tours and activities are free. Breakfast is available for $5 a plate; children five and under eat free.
Breakfast will include pancakes, french toast, sausage, eggs, milk, juice and coffee.
What is there to do at Breakfast on the Farm?
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast.
- Take a guided tour of the farm.
- Listen to our live radio coverage.
- Visit the baby farm animals in the petting zoo.
- Color a picture in the children’s activity area.
- Take a ride on the little farm hands train or a horse-drawn wagon.
- Have your picture taken with a newborn calf. You’ll even be able to take the picture home with you!
- Enjoy an ice cream cone or cheese snack with a Dairy Princess.
- Race through the farm obstacle course with the MN Vikings Football Cheerleaders.
- Have fun learning with our ag exhibitors.
How should we dress for Breakfast on the Farm?
Breakfast on the Farm will be held rain or shine, so come dressed for the weather. There’s a lot to see and do at the Breakfast, so it’s also a good idea to wear good walking shoes.